Chou RPG Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Chou RPG Forum

Loveless based Role-Playing-Game

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Character Theme Song!!

Go down 
+13
Tamiru Ichide
Nightmare
SLIPout
Shattered
Libraria
Michelle Lawler
Tsukiyoko
La Polvere
MajoNeko
Evangi Magdalene
Zain
Enrai
ikiru-warau-aisuru
17 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
ikiru-warau-aisuru
Amature Qualifier
ikiru-warau-aisuru

Character Theme Song!! Empty
PostSubject: Character Theme Song!!   Character Theme Song!! I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 24, 2009 11:37 pm

I had a thought while making bread today. If all our characters had a theme song, what would they be? For example, Juuri's would probably be 'Golden Age' by TV on the Radio, because she's a very bubbly person, always aware that there's "a golden age, coming 'round."

What would your character's song be? How about your chara's partner? Smile
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Character Theme Song!!   Character Theme Song!! I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 25, 2009 12:16 am

What if I tell you the theme song for my car? Does that count? :x

That's tough. I will have to put some thought into this.
Back to top Go down
Enrai
Decent Battler
Enrai

PostSubject: Re: Character Theme Song!!   Character Theme Song!! I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 25, 2009 1:06 am

Err... I have no idea. I have never had a set one, the closest is probably 'Girlfriend' by Avril Lavigne.
But do note that it only is applied when it is sung in a very strong middle eastern accent while driving 50 on the highway.

If I wanted to be serious maybe I'd say 'Lisztomania' by Phoenix.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Character Theme Song!!   Character Theme Song!! I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 25, 2009 1:51 am

Hmm, This is a hard one, maybe Whispers in the Dark by Skillet. Darn it now I have another one maybe Those Nights by Skillet. Meh, same band different songs. lol

Last edited by whitewolf31645 on Tue Jan 05, 2010 1:56 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Zain
Well-Known Final Battler
Zain

PostSubject: Re: Character Theme Song!!   Character Theme Song!! I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 25, 2009 8:50 am

Current Theme for me period also applies to my characters:

Song Title: Remember
Band/Artists: Disturbed
Album: Believe
Track Number: 5

I have Remember as the theme because so much has been going on that I am remembering things which I had tried to bury away in the past and place this wall between me and it. Good and Bad they are all coming back to me regardless of the situation.

Last edited by rose0571 on Sun Dec 27, 2009 7:50 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Character Theme Song!!   Character Theme Song!! I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 25, 2009 9:11 pm

I couldn't choose between Fer Sure by The Medic Droid or Comatose by Skillet... Both are awesome. I can see May using Fer Sure cause she is a partier and Comatose because it is an awesome song...
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Character Theme Song!!   Character Theme Song!! I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 26, 2009 5:04 pm

Not sure...for some reason "Ballad for Dead Friends" from the second BTVS soundtrack comes to mind, but I'll have to think about it.
Back to top Go down
Zain
Well-Known Final Battler
Zain

PostSubject: Re: Character Theme Song!!   Character Theme Song!! I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 26, 2009 9:14 pm

Ikiru once more people actually start thinking of a song you should make a chart and maybe I might find the music later and add it to the page. But that will be much later down the line.
Back to top Go down
Evangi Magdalene
Seven Moons Graduate
Evangi Magdalene

PostSubject: Re: Character Theme Song!!   Character Theme Song!! I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 26, 2009 9:33 pm

hmmm You had me thinking this early in the day ugh xD
Well there are a few songs im addicted to currently Personally so far for Evangi I would say "Hide and Seek by Namie Amuro" and "Ugly side by Blue October".

And to best describe Evangi's past "Made of Scars by Stone Sour".
Back to top Go down
http://zhelahnmajin.deviantart.com
ikiru-warau-aisuru
Amature Qualifier
ikiru-warau-aisuru

PostSubject: Re: Character Theme Song!!   Character Theme Song!! I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 26, 2009 9:44 pm

of course! I'd be happy to make a chart. Should it include character name/user screen name, song title, artist, and album?
That's a really cool idea, to have 'theme songs' on the forum. Very Happy Though you're right, you guys are probably swamped right now and it'll be a while.
Still, something to look forward to! Smile

Oh, and to everyone who's simply putting their favorite song, try to REALLY think about your character. What song DESCRIBES them, and why? When they hear it, do memories come flooding back? Our characters all have a background for a reason, so play off that. Here's an example:

I picked "Golden Age" by TV on the Radio (album-Dear Science) not because it's my favorite song, (Look After You by the Fray is my favorite song, actually.) But because the lyrics are about looking forward to the future and being able to pick yourself up and dust yourself off if and when you get pushed down. "The age of miracles. The age of sound. Well there's a golden age, coming round."

Every time Juuri hears this song, she pictures her high school years. A darker time for her, being bullied non stop and younger than everyone else, while also being farther along than them academically. But she also remembers the friends that helped her through that and stopped the bullying.
Not only does she begin to remember things, but it helps her keep her head high as a university freshman with dual majors. She knows that she has to work hard, but if she does, her future will be bright and she can be proud of herself.

Golden Age's lyrics and upbeat music represent her well for these reasons. That's why I chose it as her song. My reason wasn't because "it sounds good" or "it's an awesome song." Everyone's character has meaning, and their song should too. Smile

No offense to anyone, of course. That's definitely NOT what I'm trying to do.

[[Evangi, I love Ugly Side!]] Very Happy
Back to top Go down
MajoNeko
Famous Battler
MajoNeko

PostSubject: Re: Character Theme Song!!   Character Theme Song!! I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 26, 2009 11:52 pm

we once talked about it with Tsu.
She said Tsukiyoko song would be "Fireflies" by Owl City, coz it fits her personality somehow.

I wasn't ever able to choose fitting song for Ayame ... maybe I should look in my soundtracks rather than usual songs ...
Back to top Go down
https://chourpg.rpg-board.net
ikiru-warau-aisuru
Amature Qualifier
ikiru-warau-aisuru

PostSubject: Re: Character Theme Song!!   Character Theme Song!! I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 27, 2009 1:01 am

Oh my gosh. I love Owl City!! XD
Haha. Seriously random, but I couldn't resist.
Back to top Go down
La Polvere
Decent Qualifier
La Polvere

PostSubject: Re: Character Theme Song!!   Character Theme Song!! I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 27, 2009 3:11 am

> w< Wow, I feel so out of the loop. I believe I am familiar with Disturbed and that's about it!

as for Ayane: Ramalama Bang Bang by Roisin Murphy.
It's a little offbeat, but more importantly Irish.
it was on that So You Think You Can Dance or whatever show it's called,
I'm not sure when. It was this weird zombie dance everybody went crazy over.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/sayonara.satodango
Tsukiyoko
Decent Semi-Final Battler
Tsukiyoko

PostSubject: Re: Character Theme Song!!   Character Theme Song!! I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 31, 2009 10:25 pm

Like Majo-sama mentioned, my first pick for Tsu would Owl City's Fireflies. I'm not sure why but it just fits her.

Another one that I recently found is I Will Not Bow by Breaking Benjamin. For some reason, I just thought of here when I heard it.
Back to top Go down
ikiru-warau-aisuru
Amature Qualifier
ikiru-warau-aisuru

PostSubject: Re: Character Theme Song!!   Character Theme Song!! I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 31, 2009 11:36 pm

oh my goodness, a girl after my own heart!
Breaking Benjamin and Owl City each separately equal two halves of one whole load of AWESOME. Iwnb is definitely an amazing song. When I first put it on my ipod it was on repeat for three days, literally.

Let's try to keep the discussion on topic though, ok everyone? About the character's theme songs! The 'my favorite/your favorite song' can be a different topic, if you guys want, I'll make it. But trying to figure out a chart is extremely difficult without knowing the character's songs, and trying to decipher between our favorites and their themes is trying on me. >_<
I know, I know. "Quit complaining, idiot!!" But I'm in a complainy mood. Gomenesai.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Character Theme Song!!   Character Theme Song!! I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 01, 2010 7:58 pm

ikiru-warau-aisuru wrote:
oh my goodness, a girl after my own heart!
Breaking Benjamin and Owl City each separately equal two halves of one whole load of AWESOME. Iwnb is definitely an amazing song. When I first put it on my ipod it was on repeat for three days, literally.

Let's try to keep the discussion on topic though, ok everyone? About the character's theme songs! The 'my favorite/your favorite song' can be a different topic, if you guys want, I'll make it. But trying to figure out a chart is extremely difficult without knowing the character's songs, and trying to decipher between our favorites and their themes is trying on me. >_<
I know, I know. "Quit complaining, idiot!!" But I'm in a complainy mood. Gomenesai.

Okay dear, we'll try our best, but you see how that usually goes. lol. But I'd like to hear more about this chart of yours.

EDIT:
So I think I've finally found it and it's very befitting for Nori, especially her past:

The Agony Scene: Scars Of Your Disease
Back to top Go down
Tsukiyoko
Decent Semi-Final Battler
Tsukiyoko

PostSubject: Re: Character Theme Song!!   Character Theme Song!! I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 02, 2010 6:18 pm

(is confused) I didn't know there was a chart. Where is it?
Back to top Go down
Michelle Lawler
Decent Battler
Michelle Lawler

PostSubject: Re: Character Theme Song!!   Character Theme Song!! I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 03, 2010 9:24 pm

May-kin wrote:
I couldn't choose between Fer Sure by The Medic Droid or Comatose by Skillet... Both are awesome. I can see May using Fer Sure cause she is a partier and Comatose because it is an awesome song...

This quote is like from the first page so probs off topic by now but can I just say I love fer sure lolz.

Michelles theme would be dog days by florence and the machine
Mine would be... hmm In your Shoes by You Me at Six, definetly.
Back to top Go down
Libraria
Decent Battler
Libraria

PostSubject: Re: Character Theme Song!!   Character Theme Song!! I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 07, 2010 7:46 pm

If Naoki had to chose a theme song, he would probably have Brick By Boring Brick by Paramore because it's pretty much about being in your own world, and he always is in his own world. Head in the clouds etc.etc. ;P
Back to top Go down
ikiru-warau-aisuru
Amature Qualifier
ikiru-warau-aisuru

PostSubject: Re: Character Theme Song!!   Character Theme Song!! I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 08, 2010 4:10 am

Nori: I'm sorry for not seeing your post earlier. The chart is going to have the user's screen name, character name (full), song title, artist, and album. That's all I can think it'll need for now. And thank you for saying you guys will try to keep on topic. ^_^

Tsukiyoko: Yes, there's a chart, I just haven't posted it yet. I'm going to update it in a bit, but I'd like to get a few more characters' songs beforehand.

Libraria: Thank you for posting Naoki's song! Smile

Last edited by ikiru-warau-aisuru on Fri Jan 08, 2010 4:43 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Character Theme Song!!   Character Theme Song!! I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 08, 2010 4:37 am

Oh, did you need the album name for Nori's song? Or are you going to research everything?
Back to top Go down
ikiru-warau-aisuru
Amature Qualifier
ikiru-warau-aisuru

PostSubject: Re: Character Theme Song!!   Character Theme Song!! I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 08, 2010 4:43 am

Nah, I can look it up. Thank you for offering, though. Smile
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Character Theme Song!!   Character Theme Song!! I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 08, 2010 4:57 am

Okay, but since I know it, it's The Darkest Red (2005). ^^
Back to top Go down
ikiru-warau-aisuru
Amature Qualifier
ikiru-warau-aisuru

PostSubject: Re: Character Theme Song!!   Character Theme Song!! I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 08, 2010 5:15 am

Even better!! Thanks! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Character Theme Song!!   Character Theme Song!! I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 09, 2010 4:35 pm

As requested by Ikiru, keep the chitchat to a minimum in this thread. If you want to talk about music or you're looking for your conversation from this thread, go here. Thank you.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Character Theme Song!!   Character Theme Song!! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Character Theme Song!!
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next