Chou RPG Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Chou RPG Forum

Loveless based Role-Playing-Game

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Spell Battles

Go down 
+7
Ravyn
ikiru-warau-aisuru
Michelle Lawler
Enrai
Zain
MajoNeko
Tsukiyoko
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12  Next
AuthorMessage
Michelle Lawler
Decent Battler
Michelle Lawler

Spell Battles - Page 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spell Battles   Spell Battles - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 09, 2010 6:01 pm

Yeh, spells should just be kept to ourselves, I like the archive idea, instead of listing spells, we could list the really good battles perhaps? you know the memorable really feirce ones maybe?
Back to top Go down
MajoNeko
Famous Battler
MajoNeko

PostSubject: Re: Spell Battles   Spell Battles - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 09, 2010 6:51 pm

but you know, the more you battle, the more you're experienced. and the more you are at disadvantage, since more people know about your spells. It's quite natural that the longer you battle the better others can see your battling style ...

I like Michelle what said - most memorable battles.
Back to top Go down
https://chourpg.rpg-board.net
Zain
Well-Known Final Battler
Zain

PostSubject: Re: Spell Battles   Spell Battles - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 09, 2010 8:29 pm

It is a system that is still in the making and I am loving the ideas that everyone is posting up so please keep the ideas coming as I had mentioned before it is something that is still in the making and I feel that we can still get a little bit of everyones ideas in the project some sort of way. Keep up the brainstorming you guys!
Back to top Go down
Ravyn
Seven Moons Graduate
Ravyn

PostSubject: Re: Spell Battles   Spell Battles - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 02, 2010 12:02 am

Zain wrote:
It is a system that is still in the making and I am loving the ideas that everyone is posting up so please keep the ideas coming as I had mentioned before it is something that is still in the making and I feel that we can still get a little bit of everyones ideas in the project some sort of way. Keep up the brainstorming you guys!

Hmn...Room for another suggestion?
Back to top Go down
http://rhianai.deviantart.com
MajoNeko
Famous Battler
MajoNeko

PostSubject: Re: Spell Battles   Spell Battles - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 02, 2010 12:17 am

sure.
Back to top Go down
Enrai
Decent Battler
Enrai

PostSubject: Re: Spell Battles   Spell Battles - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 02, 2010 1:02 am

How is the writing of the rules going by the way?
Back to top Go down
Ravyn
Seven Moons Graduate
Ravyn

PostSubject: Re: Spell Battles   Spell Battles - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 02, 2010 2:35 am

Earlier, you were talking about describing what a spell would look like. I thought of a way to do that so it would be pretty consistent through all battles... Like a little form at the bottom of the post. Complex spells would take up more room, short ones could only take a line or two.

Target: (Self-explanatory)
Purpose: Defense/Attack
Type: Physical/Mental
Effectiveness: (Average of Fighter's current strength and how often spell is effective. This would give a better idea of how easily blocked the spell is.)
Expected Damage: None/Minor/Moderate/Restraint (This is, of course, only what would happen if it takes effect, and is an attack.)
Expected Defense: None/Partial/Full (This is, of course, only what would happen if it takes effect, and is a defensive spell.)
Time: (How long until the spell takes full effect.) Delayed/Immediate
Effect: (Describe what the spell looks like in case it is not blocked somehow.)

Best way to explain is through example, so I'll use "Do you trust me?" since it'll be seen any time Morrigan battles.

Target: Self
Purpose: Forfeit
Type: Mental
Effectiveness: 100% (This spell, since it's directed at herself, has never been blocked, and doesn't have to be very strong to work.)
Expected Damage/Defense: N/A
Time: Delayed. Takes effect when question is answered.
Effect: Restraint over caster's mouth. Ends battle through forfeit.

Something like that. With that information, the other team would know how much time their fighter has to react (battle time, of course, not real time), what sort of spell to expect, and whether to stop the spell. Most of it depends on the spell actually taking effect, and the parts that don't, simply describe the spell.

Of course, the godmod rule would apply. No spell targeted at your opponent should have an effectiveness of 100%. At most, it'd be, at most, mind you, 95%. That would be a 100% strength fighter and 90% effective spell.
Back to top Go down
Tsukiyoko
Decent Semi-Final Battler
Tsukiyoko

PostSubject: Re: Spell Battles   Spell Battles - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 02, 2010 5:48 am

While I like the idea of the forms, I'm worried that they'll make the posts extra long or if there's alot of them, be a pain to fill out.

We could put them under spoiler tags for the length problem but what about their taking forever to fill out if we have alot of them?

Oh but I guess I'm assuming that people will be casting more than one spell. There's no guarantee that there will be more than one in the first place.
Back to top Go down
Ravyn
Seven Moons Graduate
Ravyn

PostSubject: Re: Spell Battles   Spell Battles - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 02, 2010 2:11 pm

From what I've seen in the manga and anime, one or two spells (though they might be complex) seems to be the trend. Ravyn actually has a four spell combination she's fond of, but it would only need one form because the spells feed into each other to create a "single" spell. So, I can see what you mean, and, yeah, spoiler tags would definitely be needed for longer/multiple forms.
Back to top Go down
MajoNeko
Famous Battler
MajoNeko

PostSubject: Re: Spell Battles   Spell Battles - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 02, 2010 2:38 pm

It's good idea, though, this part:
Effectiveness
In my opinion is unnceessary. Why? Coz it's up to judges to judge it's effectiveness. If member decide about spell's effectiveness at the begginnig there would be no point in having judges, and everyone will write effectiveness they would want to have(so expected effectiveness), not real effectiveness ...

(I over used word 'effectiveness' ...)

And, Enrai, rules are more or less writed but we can't correct them more before trial battle. But for trial battle we need 2 full units, and three indirect judges (I'm main) plus we need all of them to be online a lot, so we will be able to do trial fast.
And it's hard to find people like that.
Back to top Go down
Ravyn
Seven Moons Graduate
Ravyn

PostSubject: Re: Spell Battles   Spell Battles - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 02, 2010 3:14 pm

MajoNeko wrote:
It's good idea, though, this part:
Effectiveness
In my opinion is unnceessary. Why? Coz it's up to judges to judge it's effectiveness. If member decide about spell's effectiveness at the begginnig there would be no point in having judges, and everyone will write effectiveness they would want to have(so expected effectiveness), not real effectiveness ...

(I over used word 'effectiveness' ...)

And, Enrai, rules are more or less writed but we can't correct them more before trial battle. But for trial battle we need 2 full units, and three indirect judges (I'm main) plus we need all of them to be online a lot, so we will be able to do trial fast.

I'm sorry. ^^; I should have said "Past Effectiveness." Skipped a word, then copy/pasted.

Why do you need two full teams? Couldn't one be a fighter on auto? (Forgive me if you covered this already.)
Back to top Go down
MajoNeko
Famous Battler
MajoNeko

PostSubject: Re: Spell Battles   Spell Battles - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 02, 2010 4:26 pm

because I first want to try most basic rules, so order of posting (including sacrifice). and that would be most easy with two full teams.
with fighter on auto we will try later, coz I believe that we will need slight changes in rules for that one ...
Back to top Go down
Michelle Lawler
Decent Battler
Michelle Lawler

PostSubject: Re: Spell Battles   Spell Battles - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 02, 2010 4:47 pm

Make sure to read the majority of this thread or at least skim read it, I know it's long, but it helps so that you know what rules have been pretty much decided. I do like the form idea, and if I'm right, according to the rules we've got at the moment you are only using one spell at a time, but the four spell thing you were talking about Ravyn, if it's like you said, as in it combines to make a singular spell, I'm sure that would be fine. But yeah majo's right about the effectiveness, and I personally prefere the judge system, although it's a little complicated, it's more fair, and it means everything isn't decided by the battle participents, also it would mean rewriting the rules we've got already. The judge system also gives us time to speak with our other unit member to stratergize, like what kind of spell we would use next, and how we think this round will go etc. When you do decide to do the auto battle, I'll be sure to volunteer. Although I'm a full unit, mine and Cielo's timezones are too different, it's rare we're both online at the same time sorry.
Back to top Go down
Enrai
Decent Battler
Enrai

PostSubject: Re: Spell Battles   Spell Battles - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 02, 2010 4:57 pm

MajoNeko wrote:
Well, I can ask Mitsuki if she wouldn't mind helping out. Then 'Senseless' could be one of the units.
Or, if you already have two units, maybe I could help judge?
Back to top Go down
MajoNeko
Famous Battler
MajoNeko

PostSubject: Re: Spell Battles   Spell Battles - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 02, 2010 5:03 pm

But, Enrai, are you prepared that during trial battle I'd like to see you online everyday, as long as possible?

And Michelle, you can always be judge.
Timeless anyway is rarely online, so ...
Back to top Go down
Enrai
Decent Battler
Enrai

PostSubject: Re: Spell Battles   Spell Battles - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 02, 2010 5:10 pm

I could do it... FOR THE SPELL BATTLES. eyes shine Work is just the only thing that get's in my way...
Mitsuki is pretty good at getting online too. Would you like me to pm her about it?
Back to top Go down
MajoNeko
Famous Battler
MajoNeko

PostSubject: Re: Spell Battles   Spell Battles - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 02, 2010 5:15 pm

Yup, if you could talk about that with her I'd be very glad Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Enrai
Decent Battler
Enrai

PostSubject: Re: Spell Battles   Spell Battles - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 02, 2010 6:01 pm

She agreed! Very Happy Just as long as we can know what days we'll need to be online, it's fine.
Back to top Go down
Michelle Lawler
Decent Battler
Michelle Lawler

PostSubject: Re: Spell Battles   Spell Battles - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 02, 2010 6:05 pm

Hell yeah I'll be a judge that sounds epic ^_^ it's the holidays aswell so I'll be able to be online loads
Back to top Go down
MajoNeko
Famous Battler
MajoNeko

PostSubject: Re: Spell Battles   Spell Battles - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 02, 2010 6:29 pm

cool, so now we need other full unit and two more judges.

and then after we gather everyone we will be able to discuss rest ...

oh, yeah, I didn't said it earlier, but trial battle will have nothing to do with RPs. So you will be able to normaly partinipate in RP, same time bieng part of battle.
Back to top Go down
Zain
Well-Known Final Battler
Zain

PostSubject: Re: Spell Battles   Spell Battles - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 02, 2010 7:54 pm

Nice to see some battles are starting to be tested! Can't wait to see the turn out for it!
Back to top Go down
MajoNeko
Famous Battler
MajoNeko

PostSubject: Re: Spell Battles   Spell Battles - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 02, 2010 8:20 pm

Yup, I'm also curious if that's going to work ...
Back to top Go down
Michelle Lawler
Decent Battler
Michelle Lawler

PostSubject: Re: Spell Battles   Spell Battles - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 02, 2010 8:22 pm

Me too, I just hope we can find another unit and some judges soon. Should we make a thread/announcement asking for serious volunteers. I'd hate it if we talked about it for a while but then after a while of not finding a second unit and the other judges nothing comes of it, so it's quiet for a while until someone starts talking on here again. If you know what I mean.
Back to top Go down
Ravyn
Seven Moons Graduate
Ravyn

PostSubject: Re: Spell Battles   Spell Battles - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 06, 2010 2:38 pm

Hey, since Damien's here now (and I've gone back to read the rules you've got outlined here), maybe Trusted can be the other unit for the test battle? I'd have to ask my sacrifice (something Ravyn would never do, lol), though.
Back to top Go down
MajoNeko
Famous Battler
MajoNeko

PostSubject: Re: Spell Battles   Spell Battles - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 06, 2010 2:45 pm

Oh~
that would be absolutely cool if you'd like to try~

that anyway isn't anyhow connected to actual RPs so ... Ravyn can behave out of character for a while XD

Now, two more (or at least one) indirect judges and we are ready to start~
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Spell Battles   Spell Battles - Page 10 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Spell Battles
Page 10 of 12Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Chou RPG Forum :: About Forum :: Question-
Jump to: