Chou RPG Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Chou RPG Forum

Loveless based Role-Playing-Game

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Spell Battles

Go down 
+7
Ravyn
ikiru-warau-aisuru
Michelle Lawler
Enrai
Zain
MajoNeko
Tsukiyoko
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next
AuthorMessage
Michelle Lawler
Decent Battler
Michelle Lawler

Spell Battles - Page 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spell Battles   Spell Battles - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 08, 2010 4:30 am

Same, I've come up with a few, time's kinda tricky though, see you've got 5 senses to choose from that are quite flexible, and you don't even have to go down that root of the five senses, theres loads you could have ^_^
Back to top Go down
Tsukiyoko
Decent Semi-Final Battler
Tsukiyoko

PostSubject: Re: Spell Battles   Spell Battles - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 08, 2010 4:35 am

Oh thank goodness that I'm not the only one who thought up spells. I've got a few nasty ones for Silence so you guys better watch out when we battle. (if we get the chance that is since we're judges)
Back to top Go down
Michelle Lawler
Decent Battler
Michelle Lawler

PostSubject: Re: Spell Battles   Spell Battles - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 08, 2010 4:49 am

I have to say, I've thought of one defensive and two offensive, none particularly nasty, but i can image with silence you would be able to do some evil especially with the reputation you guys have ^_^ a force to be reckoned with Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
MajoNeko
Famous Battler
MajoNeko

PostSubject: Re: Spell Battles   Spell Battles - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 08, 2010 4:52 am

hah, what reputation, Tsu is such a nice chara!

Ayame: And me?

err, okay, she has bad reputation. Even in my eyes.
Back to top Go down
https://chourpg.rpg-board.net
Tsukiyoko
Tsukiyoko

PostSubject: Re: Spell Battles   Spell Battles - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 08, 2010 5:12 am

LOL but it's true. Tsu is a nice girl until you make her mad. Then you might want to watch out.

Tsu: But I think Aya-chan is that bad.
You, my dear, are blind to most of her faults. But that's love for you.

Tsu: (pouts cutely)
Back to top Go down
ikiru-warau-aisuru
Amature Qualifier
ikiru-warau-aisuru

PostSubject: Re: Spell Battles   Spell Battles - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 08, 2010 5:13 am

Juuri: "Oh please. Sadism doesn't lead to a bad reputation. She's just fun!!"

pfft. You have no room to talk, young lady.
Back to top Go down
Tsukiyoko
Tsukiyoko

PostSubject: Re: Spell Battles   Spell Battles - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 08, 2010 5:40 am

Tsu: (is confused) What is Sadism?

(covers her ears) Pay it no mind dear. Why must everyone try to corrupt her, huh?
Back to top Go down
ikiru-warau-aisuru
Amature Qualifier
ikiru-warau-aisuru

PostSubject: Re: Spell Battles   Spell Battles - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 08, 2010 5:46 am

Juuri: "Oops! Sorry! Don't worry about it, honey. It's nothing you have to worry about." *smiles.*

Sorry. >_<
Back to top Go down
Tsukiyoko
Tsukiyoko

PostSubject: Re: Spell Battles   Spell Battles - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 08, 2010 6:18 am

Tsu: (is even more confused but lets it go) All right then. I guess it wasn't important.

Aw it's ok but I would like to keep her in the dark about some things. Especially since I rather like those cute little ears on perched on top her head. LOL.
Back to top Go down
MajoNeko
Famous Battler
MajoNeko

PostSubject: Re: Spell Battles   Spell Battles - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 08, 2010 7:23 pm

Ayame: ... In what moment of my life I became sadist? I don't remember doing anything sadistic.

oh, sure she isn't sadistic at all. not consciously.
And don't worry Tsu~ Ayame is fan of neko ears. They are safe from her.
Back to top Go down
Zain
Well-Known Final Battler
Zain

PostSubject: Re: Spell Battles   Spell Battles - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 08, 2010 8:11 pm

Since the newsletter is done I will be working on the rules and regulations for the spell battles next week. I love the fact that everyone is starting to come up with spell names already so here is a little assignment to help me understand each one.

Come up with a name for your attack. (It should be something that relates to your True name)
Next come up with a description for it about what the attack name means.
Lastly describe what it does to you/opponent in battle.

Example:

Bound by Twisted Fate Lv.1
A portal that opens the minds of the opponent and turns dreams into nightmares
A circular portal appears under the opposing unit and opens trying to catch them both off guard. If not countered/blocked in time Sacrifice takes full damage and unit receives their Binding Chain. If it is countered/blocked in time the Sacrifice will only receive half the damage and if it is countered the fighter will attack. If no counter is involved the turn will end

Each spell will start at Level 1 and will work its way up in ranking and status. It is a game and it will be treated as such so there will be graphics involved which I will have to work on soon. So chat with your partners and come up with a list of names and such. Hopefully a Spell Battle Section will be up soon that way we can test run things soon. Right now I would say 10 names for now. They must have Offensive and Defensive moves. Once this works out I will add more things to the list and once you level up as a unit you will then be able to hold more spells. Have fun everyone!!!
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Spell Battles   Spell Battles - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 08, 2010 8:14 pm

QUESTION!

My fighter is still somewhat MIA (her brain is, at least), so we haven't even touched on the subject of battles, therefore, we have no spells yet. Do you want them right away because I can always try to encourage her to get back in game...
Back to top Go down
Michelle Lawler
Decent Battler
Michelle Lawler

PostSubject: Re: Spell Battles   Spell Battles - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 08, 2010 8:38 pm

don't the judges decide how many points are awarded and how much damadge is done? I like the level up idea, do you level up everytime you win a battle?
Back to top Go down
Zain
Well-Known Final Battler
Zain

PostSubject: Re: Spell Battles   Spell Battles - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 08, 2010 8:40 pm

I don't want them right now it is really just something that should be between you and your partner for now. If you do not have one do not panic. I am working on a system that will allow mixed units and single fighters as well. This is just something for you guys to think about again and have fun. Work the creative juices inside your squishy brains. -evil smile- MUST HAVE MORE

The Judges will be in charge of the damage ratio. The level up for you units is separate from your spells. Spells level up depending on how many times you use them in the battle. It will all be explained later on closer to the launch time of the Spell Battle section.

-Zain punches her in the abdomen-

Zain: I am sorry she is getting out of hand ever since her check came in this morning. I will handle her at once

-Zain drags her to his apartment room-
Back to top Go down
Michelle Lawler
Decent Battler
Michelle Lawler

PostSubject: Re: Spell Battles   Spell Battles - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 08, 2010 8:57 pm

Ahh right, thanks for clearing that up ^_^ so a spell levels up everytime you use them and a unit levels up everytime you win a battle? Will you be having a thread that has the levels of everyone and their spells (I can imagine you would need a list of spell levels so that people can't cheat by saying there spells are a higher level than they actually are), we would keep spell effects though to ourselves wouldn't we, until we used them in battle, right?
Back to top Go down
Zain
Well-Known Final Battler
Zain

PostSubject: Re: Spell Battles   Spell Battles - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 08, 2010 9:06 pm

-crawls out of Zain's door a bit-

No problem. That is how the system will work this far. There will be a section to graphically display units and their spells. The spells will only show the spell's image, name, level, and description. It will not show how much actual information to help assist anyone in battle if they were studying your unit.

-Zain grabs by the collar-

Zain: I didn't say that you could leave did I?

-Is dragged back inside and Zain locks the door-
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Spell Battles   Spell Battles - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 08, 2010 9:15 pm

Damn, who's supposed to be the master? You need to keep that Zain on a leash!

I should just come up with some spells until my fighter comes around, so I don't get screwed.
Back to top Go down
Enrai
Decent Battler
Enrai

PostSubject: Re: Spell Battles   Spell Battles - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 08, 2010 9:17 pm

rose0571 wrote:

Come up with a name for your attack. (It should be something that relates to your True name)
Next come up with a description for it about what the attack name means.
Lastly describe what it does to you/opponent in battle.

Example:

Bound by Twisted Fate Lv.1
A portal that opens the minds of the opponent and turns dreams into nightmares
A circular portal appears under the opposing unit and opens trying to catch them both off guard. If not countered/blocked in time Sacrifice takes full damage and unit receives their Binding Chain. If it is countered/blocked in time the Sacrifice will only receive half the damage and if it is countered the fighter will attack. If no counter is involved the turn will end

I hate to be a total downer but I am not so crazy about this idea.

Does this mean we'll have to write out every spell when we want to use it? And that we would just shout the spell name in the battle? I'm sorry but that doesn't sound like as much fun as describing it. It would keep the word count down, which is good, but I think we could also do that by telling people to keep it short. Spells in the manga are only a few lines.

It isn't really common for people in Loveless to reuse spells also. Normally they just take what would be best for that situation and create a spell for it relating to their name on the spot.

I can't say I don't like it because I haven't fought or even heard what the whole system is like, but this is what I think so far... Sorry. ):
Back to top Go down
Zain
Well-Known Final Battler
Zain

PostSubject: Re: Spell Battles   Spell Battles - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 09, 2010 8:09 am

Its cool it was just something for people to think about since spells are necessary for the battle system. I am still working this out to be simple for right now until someone else takes over the project.
Back to top Go down
MajoNeko
Famous Battler
MajoNeko

PostSubject: Re: Spell Battles   Spell Battles - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 09, 2010 4:00 pm

Enrai wrote:

I hate to be a total downer but I am not so crazy about this idea.

Does this mean we'll have to write out every spell when we want to use it? And that we would just shout the spell name in the battle? I'm sorry but that doesn't sound like as much fun as describing it. It would keep the word count down, which is good, but I think we could also do that by telling people to keep it short. Spells in the manga are only a few lines.

It isn't really common for people in Loveless to reuse spells also. Normally they just take what would be best for that situation and create a spell for it relating to their name on the spot.

I see it pretty much as Enrai ... that we will create spells during battle, according to how other unit attacked us, what is our surrinding ... (I believe there was something in manga about spells being based on fighter imagination)

But that doesn't mean that having some spells wrote down is bad idea. Sometimes you will just be ... yeah, too lazy, to come up with new spell. Or maybe there will be some defensive spell that you will be able to use constantly, for every attackand in every surronding with same effect?

Other is what Michelle came up with - describing how spell would look like if it works.

Everyone, don't hestitate to say your opinion about anything you find in rules for spell battles (this rough sketch of rules of mine).
The more we know your opinion and ideas, the easier it is for us to create good system.
Back to top Go down
Michelle Lawler
Decent Battler
Michelle Lawler

PostSubject: Re: Spell Battles   Spell Battles - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 09, 2010 4:25 pm

Yeh, I have to say I didn't myself realise that using Roses idea meant that we couldn't have more "sentanced" and on the spot spells, like the spells in Loveless, I would prefere that personally, but I think it is a good idea for people to start thinking about spells, and they could use Roses example as a template for their spell so that they can get a good idea of it and describe it in more detail when they eventually come to use it. If you understand what I mean.
Back to top Go down
MajoNeko
Famous Battler
MajoNeko

PostSubject: Re: Spell Battles   Spell Battles - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 09, 2010 4:40 pm

As I said, having few spells wrote down is good thing. They will be usefull, so you should create both offensive and defensive. Of coures that doesn't mean you won't create any in actual battle, or will have to use only those you wrote ...
Back to top Go down
Michelle Lawler
Decent Battler
Michelle Lawler

PostSubject: Re: Spell Battles   Spell Battles - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 09, 2010 5:00 pm

Yeh, especially since you could be inspired by the other units spells and you may be able to come up with a really good spell to conflict with theirs. So I agree with you.
Back to top Go down
Enrai
Decent Battler
Enrai

PostSubject: Re: Spell Battles   Spell Battles - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 09, 2010 5:53 pm

I agree with Majo. IHaving a few spells down sounds good. Maybe we could even do a spell archive for especially good spells.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Spell Battles   Spell Battles - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 09, 2010 5:57 pm

That's something to consider, but do we really want everyone being able to look up everyone's spells prior to the battle? If you have a spell you find really effective and your new opponent looks it up in the archives, they have an advantage.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Spell Battles   Spell Battles - Page 9 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Spell Battles
Page 9 of 12Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Chou RPG Forum :: About Forum :: Question-
Jump to: