Chou RPG Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Chou RPG Forum

Loveless based Role-Playing-Game

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The Vault: Bookstore (Open to all)

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Evangi Magdalene
Seven Moons Graduate
Evangi Magdalene

The Vault: Bookstore (Open to all) Empty
PostSubject: The Vault: Bookstore (Open to all)   The Vault: Bookstore (Open to all) I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 02, 2010 1:00 am

(sorry kinda brain dead right now so bare with me)

Evangi pulled the door open to the bookstore, to her surprise the inside reminded her of a library. Inside were posters and pictures on the walls of books old, new, featured and their writters. To the sides of the entrance you could see shelves of books recommended by people that worked there and popular books. She wrapped her arms around her chest and began to wonder around the shop, it was quiet, but it didnt make things feel weird. It was the welcoming silence you get at a library, Come read a book, something old or something new.

She smiled to herself as she wondered around, reading what each shelf was. She would stop breifly around the history section, music section and fiction, just browsing the titles that were there and seeing if any were of interest or familier.
Back to top Go down
http://zhelahnmajin.deviantart.com
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: The Vault: Bookstore (Open to all)   The Vault: Bookstore (Open to all) I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 04, 2010 1:31 am

Naoya entered the bookstore slowly, trying not to make any noise with the door. He notices that this particular bookstore was very different from the ones he had entered before. It had a "library" feeling around it, he felt the need to be extremely cautious not to make noise, maybe someone would be bothered. Since he was there only to kill some time and not to search for a specific book, he just wandered inside the place, randomly looking at some titles, eventually reading the little abstract that was on the back of the book.

He took a book from a random shelf and began reading it, it was something about cooking and recipes, it was actually very good, he was thinking of buying it since it would help him cook, when he stumbled on someone.

---------
pd: sorry if you just want to be alone, the thread i was on died ;.; so i just came here
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: The Vault: Bookstore (Open to all)   The Vault: Bookstore (Open to all) I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 06, 2010 5:32 am

She'd tried to walk past. She really had. For a moment, she swore she did, but when she came to her full senses, she was inhaling that delicious scent of old musky pages that hadn't been turned in years...of new, freshly printed books that had just been placed on the shelf. Even if she had thought about leaving the store now, the scent had her captured, it's complete captive. Adolpha knew she could (and likely would) spend hours in this place and leave with at least one new addition to her growing library.

The sense of peace and excitement almost drowned out the buzzing in the back of her head. Someone...some unit was nearby.

Ah well. There was no ruining her time in this store. As long as no trouble was started, Adolpha could enjoy her bookstore experience to the full.
Back to top Go down
Evangi Magdalene
Seven Moons Graduate
Evangi Magdalene

PostSubject: Re: The Vault: Bookstore (Open to all)   The Vault: Bookstore (Open to all) I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 08, 2010 8:13 pm

[ You are more then welcome here, its a open RP. I was shocked and surprise people joined. so I thank you ^_^]

She was caught by surprise, Evangi stumbled back a bit and fell against the bookshelf on the wall. She grind her teeth together as her lower back connected to one of the shelfs and felt a sharp pain travel up her back. "ouch" she flinch as she pulled herself off the shelf and notice what or in this case who bumped into her. This is the second time, first was the other day at the fashion store with the clerk and now today. Evangi your becoming a kluts again.

"Sorry" she mummbled, her eyes were on the ground, she didnt wanna look at the boy. She was feeling odd that she keeps knocking into people. Gotta be more aware She rubbed her lower back a bit and sighed forcing herself to look at him. "You ok? Didn't hurt yourself or anything did ya."
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: The Vault: Bookstore (Open to all)   The Vault: Bookstore (Open to all) I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 09, 2010 4:27 am

The book dropped from his hands and landed open in the floor. For a second he thought who to help, the girl he had stumbled upon, or the book that was now lying on the floor. He decided to pick up the book since the girl was now ok, though she fell pretty hard on the shelf. The girl apologized and stared at the floor. since talking to someone who was so fixated on the floor was somehow unsettling. He looked at the spot the girl was probably looking and then bowed a little so he could see the face of the other. But then she lifted her eyes and asked

"You ok? Didn't hurt yourself or anything did ya."

Naoya took a step back and smiled, he looked at the book he had and checked that it was ok, that it didn't had any torn page or anything.
"I'm fine, and i'm sorry too. Are you ok? did you hurt your back?"

Last edited by Naoya on Fri Apr 09, 2010 6:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: The Vault: Bookstore (Open to all)   The Vault: Bookstore (Open to all) I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 09, 2010 6:14 pm

Placing her finger in the novel she's found to read (or reread, as the case truly was), she leaned around the corner, glancing at the source of the sound she's heard. Adolpha scanned the scene for a moment, the young woman on the ground and the kid standing over her. The body postures were more of concern, so no need for her to step in.

As she turned away, she noticed the buzz was not a soft, constant hum in the back of her mind, and since no one else was to be seen, she connected the dots and figured that those two were units. Her jaw tensed slightly before she forced herself to relax. After her many experiences so far, she knew that not all units would attack on sight, or were even that concerned with the spell battles outside of whatever events may trigger one.

“Cute,” she found herself muttering as she made her way to one of the reading chairs scattered around the store. It took her a moment to realize she was thinking about the kid's ears. How long had it been since she'd lost her own? Her thoughts started to drift back in time before hitting that wall she'd thrown up long ago. Thinking about her first time would mean thinking about him, and thinking about him...

The book flopped open as she kicked a leg over an arm of the chair, and within the next breath, she was back within the fantasy world of the novel, safely away from the memories her heart just couldn't bare to drudge up.
Back to top Go down
Evangi Magdalene
Seven Moons Graduate
Evangi Magdalene

PostSubject: Re: The Vault: Bookstore (Open to all)   The Vault: Bookstore (Open to all) I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 09, 2010 9:02 pm

[waking up a bit brain dead yet again >_<', im a night person so daytime means zombie time to me,]

"I'm alright, dont worry. I didn't startled you did I?" She held her smile on her face, her hands crossed infront of her lap, her left hand holding on to her right wrist, her lower back was a little sore from the impact but it wasn't to bad. She felt more embrassed if nothing else. She breifly looked around, there wasnt many people there so her nerves were fine. She looked back at the young man, rubbin the back of her neck as her cheeks and ears were a slight red. " Ehe, I need to pay more attention. This is the second time this happened to me this week."
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: The Vault: Bookstore (Open to all)   The Vault: Bookstore (Open to all) I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 10, 2010 8:25 am

"I'm alright, dont worry. I didn't startled you did I?"

He smiled and murmured a "no", somehow his mind was unable to concentrate on the words of the girl, The back of his nech was a little bit itchy, something that could only mean that he was not the only unit in the bookstore. For a moment the thought made him a little sad, he wished he could be with his sacrifice already. He looked around the place, almost hoping to spot him, but instead he catched a glimpse of a beautiful woman looking at them. His heart started to race, an adult was so near, could she hear them?

" Ehe, I need to pay more attention. This is the second time this happened to me this week."

The question brought him back to reality "well is either the other people are careless or you are, since you say is your fault then i believe you" he said on a nice tone, he was about to tell the girl that maybe it was just bad luck, but changed his mind when hearing her words.

[I'm freezing so please forgive grammar/spelling mistakes]
Back to top Go down
Evangi Magdalene
Seven Moons Graduate
Evangi Magdalene

PostSubject: Re: The Vault: Bookstore (Open to all)   The Vault: Bookstore (Open to all) I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 10, 2010 6:58 pm

[your fine]
Evangi smile turned into a small smirk. it never surprised her how easy people go about blaming others. Though she blame herself regardless if it was her fault to begin with. Well, thats beats that i suppose.

She notice the boys eyes and followed them to the women sitting down reading a book. Family or friend maybe? maybe someone his runnin from... his attention is on her so time to go. . She shrugged it off lightly and held back a chuckle. Well regardless I love her hair.

" Well excuse me then." Evangi felt it was enough. She turned back to the shelf she was staring at, reading the spines of the books for something of interest. Her arms crossed over her chest, as she tilt her head slightly and down to read further down.

[will try to reply again before i head off to work. the past few days were my days off just been very busy]
Back to top Go down
Tamiru Ichide
3rd year member
Tamiru Ichide

PostSubject: Re: The Vault: Bookstore (Open to all)   The Vault: Bookstore (Open to all) I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 11, 2010 6:31 am

Tamiru had come to this bookstore on a whim. She didn't really read all that much but she did have times when all she wanted was to read. She was browsing through their selection for something related to photography since it had been alwhile since she had looked at the new manuals and she like to be up to date on the latest techniques.

She was so caught up in her looking that she ended up bumping into a lady that sitting in a chair reading a book. She lost her balance and ended up falling right on her rear in a heap.

" Ugh...,"she said as rubbed a spot her leg was she knew was going to bruise up nicely." I'm real sorry bout runnin' into ya miss. Can't seem ta watch where I'm goin' today." she finished quietly, embaressed at her lack of attention.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: The Vault: Bookstore (Open to all)   The Vault: Bookstore (Open to all) I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 11, 2010 5:39 pm

The book tried to slip off her knee where she'd balanced it, but quick reflexes kicked in, letting her grab it while looking to see who had bumped into her. Her eyes fell onto the red-headed young woman, rubbing a spot on her leg.

“I'm real sorry bout runnin' into ya miss. Can't seem ta watch where I'm goin' today”

“Oh, it's quite alright, dear,” Adolpha said, closing the book around a finger, a giggle hovering on her lips. “Seems like whatever it is is catching.”

She nodded her head back in the direction of the other two who had been in a similar situation. “Are you ok, though?”

Tucking a stray strand of hair behind her hair, allowing her to see without a sheet of periwinkle in the way, Adolpha gave the woman a soft smile. She brought her legs back around so she was sitting properly in the chair, leaning forward to extend a hand to help the other up.
Back to top Go down
Tamiru Ichide
3rd year member
Tamiru Ichide

PostSubject: Re: The Vault: Bookstore (Open to all)   The Vault: Bookstore (Open to all) I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 12, 2010 2:20 am

Tamiru looked over at the younger kids and broke out into a fit of giggles. " Maybe, sure seems that way." she replied after getting control of herself.

She took the offered hand with a gracious smile," Thanks for the help, darlin'. And don't ya fret none. I'm just fine. It'll take a lot more than one lil' fall to hurt me," she joked with a wink.

" Whatcha' readin' there? Any good?" she asked trying to make small talk. She smoothed out the kinks in her black chinese style dress as she waited for a reply. The slits on it were way to high and showed a great deal of her leg. Not that she cared since she like it and refused to change it.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: The Vault: Bookstore (Open to all)   The Vault: Bookstore (Open to all) I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 12, 2010 5:47 am

Naoya watched the girl examine the shelf, he wondered if he had said anything rude to her, he revised his words to be sure but found nothing that he would consider bad. Still he felt bad, being there all alone with and adult so close and the girl so near. He turned around when he heard noise coming from the other side. To his surprise -and terror- yet another woman arrived, she bumped into the other and was now talking with her. He saw the red head turn over to watch them. Horrorized he quickly looked away and fixated his eyes in the back of the girl. He thought that this may be karma, he had done some nasty thing in the past, very few but still, karma forgives no one.
"h-hey are you searching for a book?" he said almost choking for talking so fast. He really didn't want to be alone when being watched by two adults, and he didn't want to leave either, he had to buy the book first "any chance I might help you? I'm sorry if I ofended you earlier" he thought he sounded really desperete, he was not that scared. He just wanted to get away, besides a tickling feeling on the back of his neck was making him quite uncomfortable.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: The Vault: Bookstore (Open to all)   The Vault: Bookstore (Open to all) I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 12, 2010 6:03 pm

Her smile broadened and her eyes took on a softer appearance as her fingers stroked the cover of the paperback she'd found.

“It's an old favorite of mine, a book I read way back when I was still in middle school,” Adolpha replied, her fingers tracing the outline of wings printed on the thick paper. “A tale about a winged man who kidnaps beautiful girls, stealing their essence to complete his transformation, and the one girl who defies him and saves both their lives. Quite a bittersweet tale...”

Pausing for a moment, she considered the woman's dress and recalled one of her own that she had and rarely wore. Somehow, it suited her, giving her an almost manga-esque quality. Maybe in another lifetime, she would have been as free to do what she liked in the realm of dress and manner, but her career dictated most of her life. Her name, true and given, dictated the other parts.

“I don't think they ever really decided whether the book was for young adults or grown ups, so they keep tossing it from one section to another.”
A soft giggle shook her shoulders as she sat forward a little, placing her elbows on her blue jeans, the black sweatshirt she had on zipped up most of the way, allowing the silver shirt she had underneath to peak out and catch the dim light in the place.
Back to top Go down
Tamiru Ichide
3rd year member
Tamiru Ichide

PostSubject: Re: The Vault: Bookstore (Open to all)   The Vault: Bookstore (Open to all) I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 12, 2010 8:10 pm

Tamiru laughed herself. She liked this woman already. She had a nice attitude about her and Tamiru prided herself on judgin, at least somewhat anyway, of what people were like. Plus, she was pretty easy on the eyes if you know what I mean. Tamiru didn't mean anything weird by that but hey, people can appreciate beauty right?

" Sounds like a good read. Maybe I'll pick it up when I manage to have some free time," she said with small laugh," Too bad they can't seem to find where it belongs though. I hate it when that happens, don't ya?"

Tamiru took an empty chair next to the other woman and held out her hand for her to shake," The name's Tamiru Ichide. But ya can just call me Tamiru. Miss.....?" she held off waiting for other lady's name.

(I'm sorry if this isn't any good but I'm on my lunch break and I have to get going now. My boss is big on being on time. I'll reply later on tonight)
Back to top Go down
Evangi Magdalene
Seven Moons Graduate
Evangi Magdalene

PostSubject: Re: The Vault: Bookstore (Open to all)   The Vault: Bookstore (Open to all) I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 13, 2010 12:13 am

"Ofended? me? Oh no, you havent done anything wrong. I just assumed you were gonna go about your business." Evangi kept her tone light but her eyes never left the shelf as she scanned another area in the fiction section. No no, Nope, not this one, I already read that one. Eww didnt like that one, boring, no no. Her eyes darting from left to right and she crossed out any titles in her mind that she wasn't interested in. "I'm not really looking for anything inperticular. More so umm.. " she turned to him as her cheeks turn a rosy red. "I.. forgot what I was plannin to buy. So now I'm just wasting time i suppose, figure something interesting might pop up, or atleast til I grow tired or hungry."

She smiled lightly and returned to scanning the shelf, she brough he index finger of her right hand to her lips and chew on the nail lightly as she looked further down. She leaned over and couldnt read the names well so decided to sit down on her knees beside the shelf to get a better look at the titles. She made a slight hissing sound, sucking in air as she felt the pinch in her lower back still from earlier. She did her best to ignore it, but it was making her back ack and tingle now. She looked up at the young boy, pretending her back was alright. "There is no need to help really, since I'm not really looking for anything. Unless you dont mind just looking at random titles and see what might catch your eyes?"

Evangi wasn't normally one to be so friendly and open but lately she's been running into a lot of interesting people, and so far no threats. I guess my gaurd is slowly relaxing? "Hmm" she thought to herself and then shrugged.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: The Vault: Bookstore (Open to all)   The Vault: Bookstore (Open to all) I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 13, 2010 2:24 am

Extending her hand out to the woman, she said “Maverick. Adolpha Maverick. Pleased to meet you, Tamiru. And no 'Miss,' please. I'm trying to keep from feeling my age for as long as possible.”

A slight chuckle rose as she shook Tamiru's hand, letting it go as she considered the woman. Taking her finger out of the book, she let it rest in her lap, knowing she could always return to it at a later time, particularly if she decided to buy it.

“I definitely know what you mean by free time. I take it that your job tends to keep you busy as well?” she asked.
Back to top Go down
Tamiru Ichide
3rd year member
Tamiru Ichide

PostSubject: Re: The Vault: Bookstore (Open to all)   The Vault: Bookstore (Open to all) I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 13, 2010 4:22 am

" Adolpha huh? Mind if I call ya that? Don't want to be getting to friendly on ya since we just now met and all," Tamiru replied looking around at the two youngsters from earlier before turning back the other lady, whom she now knew as Adolpha.
' Real pretty name she's got there. Her momma must've loved her alot to name her something that pretty,' she thought with a grin. Not that Tamiru herself knew much about a mother's love and all that junk. Her own mother couldn't stand the sight of her so she didn't really know her own mother too well. She shrugged off the thought, no sense dragging up stuff that was dead and buried in the past.

Tamiru nodded in agreement." Oh I hear ya, hun. That age thing creeps up on ya outta nowhere don't it?" she teased with small smile, well more like a smirk, on her pretty face.

Tamiru nodded again before replying," Oh yeah, it sucks my free time more than a vampire sucks blood ," she giggled lightly at her own joke," But I love what I do, so I guess I can't complain about it too much, now can I? I'm a photographer for a magazine but I do my own stuff most of the time. What do you do, cause now that I think about it, I might've seen ya somewhere before?"

Tamiru was curious as to why the name Adolpha Maverick suddenly pricked at her memory so until she finally attached to a place. She looked her companion in the eye." Say, you wouldn't happen to be the same Adolpha Maverick from Maverick and Saito. Ya know those two lawyers in town would ya?"

She was curious t find out if her guess was right. If it was then this was the same woman who had given her Hibiki's will after he had died. That string of that paralized her with pain. She almost couldn't breathe for moment until she had gotten control of herself. Now was not the time to be crying in public. Besides, she could be wrong.

( I changed the color cause I thought the other was hard to read. Is this better?)
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: The Vault: Bookstore (Open to all)   The Vault: Bookstore (Open to all) I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 13, 2010 6:01 pm

She found herself relaxing more and more under this woman's easygoing attitude and casual speech. After spending day after day with legal documents and latin phrases that added nothing to the situation, it was nice to just have a normal conversation. This woman...Tamiru was a magazine photographer. She never would have considered that such a busy occupation, but she had to admit she knew next to nothing about it. Adolpha found herself having to cover her lips, hiding the girlish laugh she felt rising from the way the woman just chatted on and on as though they were old friends. It felt...nice

The change in the atmosphere hit her rather suddenly though as Tamiru gave her a straight look, the other woman's golden eyes meeting her own.

" Say, you wouldn't happen to be the same Adolpha Maverick from Maverick and Saito. Ya know those two lawyers in town would ya?"

Few knew of the place thus far, and most of their referrals had been from overly burdened larger law firms that simply didn't want to be bothered.

“That's right, I am...” She paused for a moment, trying to grasp the woman's last name once more. I...Ichide. She'd dealt with a few in the past year or so that the office had been over, mostly transactional work. Adolpha would've thought she'd remember a woman with such striking features.

Adolpha felt as much as saw the slight wave of panic flood over the woman, and that reaction placed the last piece of the puzzle in for her. There had been a handful of wills she'd had to draft, one involving a particularly emotional accident. She stretched out her hand, about to touch the woman's shoulder, her fingers halting in midair as she considered the action. Not wanting to make the situation any worse, she dropped her hand to the arm of the chair, a short exhale leaving her lips.

“I didn't mean to bring up bad memories. I do apologize, and sorely wish there was something I could do to make the situation a little better.”

(oh, it was fine before, dear. Whatever makes you happy, my eyesight isn't that bad just yet. ^_^)
Back to top Go down
Tamiru Ichide
3rd year member
Tamiru Ichide

PostSubject: Re: The Vault: Bookstore (Open to all)   The Vault: Bookstore (Open to all) I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 14, 2010 4:33 am

Tamiru took a deep breathe to get a hold of herself and tapped her hand on Adolpha's leg with a somewhat less than real smile. She did not need to start crying every time Hibiki came up. She would never heal if she did and she knew that Hibiki wouldn't have want that. Not one bit. But despite her best efforts, a few tears escaped her tight hold. The little traitors.

" Ah thank ya, hun. You're a real sweetheart, that ya are," she said as wiped them off as quickly as she could without it being noticed. But the tears just kept coming. Breaking out of her carefully constructed dam. There would be no stopping them now she realiazed. All she could do was try and keep some peice of her dignity. She covered her eyes with her hands and leaned over her legs to hide her face from the world.

" I'm real sorry to start bawling on ya like this. Can't seem to keep myself together these days. I just miss 'um so much ya know," she stated, hicupping in places through out her slightly muffled sentence," Hibiki was the only man I ever loved. The only person that I'll ever love."

Tamiru didn't know what in all the seven wonders on Earth made her tell all of this but she just felt so comfortable with her. It felt nice to talk to someone about this other than Yoko-chan. The girl had stayed with her many a tearful night, that she had.

(Well at least one of us wasn't it. LOL I couldn't see it worth crap. I can read just fine now. ^_^)
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: The Vault: Bookstore (Open to all)   The Vault: Bookstore (Open to all) I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 14, 2010 5:15 am

Naoya holded the book closer to himself and glanced over to the adults. They were really into the conversation, so probably they had already forgotten about he and the girl. That relaxed him a lot, finally he felt like searching though the bookstore again, though he didn’t have the money to buy another book it was always nice to have some titles on the list.
“yeah I’m buying a cooking book, see I live alone so learning something from this might be nice” again a little itch appeared on the back of his neck, it was getting annoying, not knowing why it was happening, so he put together some courage and dared to ask.
“amm do you happen to be part of a unit?”
the question sounded really weird, if she didn’t knew what a unit was he would end up looking like some crazy kid, but if she knew, maybe she could tell him a little more about it, or tell him how to find his sacrifice. The other alternative was that she would think of him as an enemy, but he though that options was near impossible, nobody would think like that.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: The Vault: Bookstore (Open to all)   The Vault: Bookstore (Open to all) I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 14, 2010 5:38 am

At first, Adolpha wasn't quite sure what to do when the other woman started sobbing. Part of her wanted to sympathize with her, but she was afraid of what emotions and thoughts that would bring forward. The only man she ever loved, hmm? He hadn't been the only man she'd ever loved, but he had been the first and the purest. With a fierce shake, Adolpha let out a breath, trying not to make it sound like a sigh as she leaned forward, moving to the end of her chair as she reached over, softly rubbing Tamiru's back. Her mother had done the same thing when she'd poured out her heart, and the simple gesture had made her feel worlds better.

“Sometimes, the best way to get over is to go through. Let the tears flow, let the pain run its course and push through it all until you can stand tall and strong again.”

Pretty words when she herself had failed to follow her own advice. She was not so bold or humble as to sob out in public. However, for the moment, she let herself cry through this woman, hoping that Tamiru didn't mind the invisible burden she'd just acquired.

Digging into her pocket, she managed to find a napkin she'd shoved there earlier. Not the softest or best thing in the world for a teary face, but better than nothing. Extending her hand while the other made small circles on Tamiru's back, Adolpha offered the napkin to her.
Back to top Go down
Tamiru Ichide
3rd year member
Tamiru Ichide

PostSubject: Re: The Vault: Bookstore (Open to all)   The Vault: Bookstore (Open to all) I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 14, 2010 6:00 am

Tamiru looked up briefly and took the offered napkin before gently wiping her face with it. She was very embaressed that she started crying like that and in public no less. How shameful of her.
Once she got control of her sobbing, she sat back up and tried look put together but she felt like the act fell through a little.

" I really am sorry, darlin'. I must seem like a total nutcase, crying and carryin' on like that in public. My momma woulda been ashamed of how I'm actin'," she said with a soft sad smile gracing her lovely face," It ain't ladylike at all is it?"

Tamiru looked around quickly to make sure that no one else had witnessed her break down. That would have only added to her embaressment.

" Thank ya for listenin' though. Even if it t'was to ravenings of some crazy woman," she tried to lighten the depressing mood with a little joke at her own expense.

(My, didn't I just make a little drama queen or what? )
Back to top Go down
Evangi Magdalene
Seven Moons Graduate
Evangi Magdalene

PostSubject: Re: The Vault: Bookstore (Open to all)   The Vault: Bookstore (Open to all) I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 14, 2010 7:58 am

[Umm, sadly my sacfice was deleted.. so i havent figured out how to bring that into story.. moreso since our unit never met anyone, so for now Evangi doesnt know yet. >_<]

Evangi was about to pull a book out of the shelf that looked interesting until the boy asked her the question about units. She turned to the boy, sitting on her knees and arched her eyebrow. So I guess the tingling feeling from my back wasnt just from the pain.. but because he was near... lovely... She decided just to announce herself to the boy since this wasnt the first time this happened. She sighed and shrugged. I guess it can't be helped. "I am Evangi, Magdalene. Endless Fighter." She said in a stern tone as she tilt her head slightly to the side, then shrugged again and returned to the bookshelf and grabbed the book that looked interesting..

Ahh Fininkin of the rock. She opened the cover which had only the title and a broad sword in the center with a red gem on the handle. The gem stood out on the dark background. Evangi read the inside of the cover and nodded with a brief smile. Yeah, this looks good. Guess I'll put this to the side for now. She closed the book and placed it on top of her bag on the side of her.

" And you are?" She said without taking her eyes off the shelf once again looking for anything else that might be of interest.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: The Vault: Bookstore (Open to all)   The Vault: Bookstore (Open to all) I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 15, 2010 6:09 am

“Well, love has a way of making one crazy,” Adolpha said, anchoring her elbow on her knee as placed her chin in her palm, eyes unfocused on the carpet. “It's always a matter of managing the insanity.”

She withdrew her hand from Tamiru's back, scratching lightly at her arm to relieve the worst of the itching. While the buzz in her mind had melted into a constant, almost lulling feel, the sensation on her arm had gotten a little out of hand. Almost certain this woman was a unit while still suspecting the two she'd seen earlier, none of it seemed to matter as the mundane...well, almost mundane interactions continued.

“Besides, nothing a long hot bath, some chocolate and good music won't soothe. Unfortunately, only time cures those kind of wounds.”

Adolpha felt the book under her fingers which she had been stroking absent-mindedly. Darkangel painted a beautiful Beauty and the Beast type story, and filled you up with hope. How she'd balled when she came to the end, where happily ever after was all but destroyed. Hardly a book for anyone recovering from a heartache of his or her own to indulge in. Almost without thinking, she stood, holding the book closed to undo some of the stress she'd put on the cover.

“Wait here a moment, Tamiru. I'll find a little something to cheer you up.”

Her mind started flipping through pages, plots and titles as she made her way back into the shelves, sparing a brief glance at the two who stood talking before she continued past them and on to the science-fiction section.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Vault: Bookstore (Open to all)   The Vault: Bookstore (Open to all) I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Vault: Bookstore (Open to all)
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next