Chou RPG Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Chou RPG Forum

Loveless based Role-Playing-Game

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Changes in Home section and other...

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
MajoNeko
Famous Battler
MajoNeko

Changes in Home section and other... Empty
PostSubject: Changes in Home section and other...   Changes in Home section and other... I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 08, 2010 2:25 am

I'm thinking about splitting Home section to few smaller sections.

Won't that be more realistic if rather than having all 'homes' in one section, I'll divide them to separated sections, like block of flats, residential settlements and etc.?

Anyway, what I want to ask about, is, how should I name that sections? (since I'm no good with names >.>)
There should be :
- one for flats (rather poor)
- one for single-family houses (some kind of district...)
- and one... hmm, kinda residential area... for rich people, anyway.

Also, I'd like to give names to hospital and school. (like, St. Patrick Hospital or sth like that...)
Any ideas ? :3

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

As you can see, I started to change few other things, like splitting 7 Moons Academy to few smaller sections. Soon I'll do same thing with Outside Town section, and maybe some others...

Forum is almost one year old now; it's good time to make modifications in forum.
Back to top Go down
https://chourpg.rpg-board.net
Zain
Well-Known Final Battler
Zain

PostSubject: Re: Changes in Home section and other...   Changes in Home section and other... I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 09, 2010 7:26 pm

Do you really want to separate it by social class? or how about by street names and have a limit as 5 houses per street? I think that would be better rather than naming by class.

Hospital name??? Angeline is the ony thing that comes to mind. :/

YAY for being almost a year old. Some forums don't even last 6 months let alone a year.
Back to top Go down
La Polvere
Decent Qualifier
La Polvere

PostSubject: Re: Changes in Home section and other...   Changes in Home section and other... I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 09, 2010 7:34 pm

i think we should combine the two ideas.
think about it, houses usually are grouped by classes. you rarely see a street with a mix match of housing designs.
back in my hometown, the street i live on is completely lined with victorian homes, and two streets back is nothing but ranches and modular homes. the street adjacent to us is all colonials.
so maybe the street names could signify what kind of housing complex/deign is on the block.
and then we could have a mix of poor and rich flats and such. i mean, some poor people might live in a big house, but it may be falling to pieces. this way it's more customizable and detailed to avoid confusion as to where we want to put out characters.

hospital name, well being in Japan, i'm not sure they'd use a christian name. something more like Mercy Health or of the sort...
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/sayonara.satodango
MajoNeko
Famous Battler
MajoNeko

PostSubject: Re: Changes in Home section and other...   Changes in Home section and other... I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 09, 2010 10:48 pm

hmm, not like, social status, but... size of home?
co, of course someone poor can live in big, but ruined house, and someone rich can live in one-room flat. social status isn't issue there.
I know, more like, type of house.

Well, I was thinking about many options, but in the end... look at how many members we have. Not many. So splitting Home section to more than three categories would give many empty and not used by anyone categories.
Plus, some characters don't live in house, but in flat. You don't usually see single-family house next to block of flats.

Yeah, that was just an example. I just think that giving names to places, instead of just naming them after their function "hospital" "home", sounds more familiar. More like in normal city Xp
Back to top Go down
NessunDorma
Amature Battler
NessunDorma

PostSubject: Re: Changes in Home section and other...   Changes in Home section and other... I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 09, 2010 11:05 pm

I think it's a lovely idea! It helps keep things friendlier and less overwhelming as well. Though I’m terrible at naming things, so there won’t be any helpful suggestions from me ;-;.
Back to top Go down
Zain
Well-Known Final Battler
Zain

PostSubject: Re: Changes in Home section and other...   Changes in Home section and other... I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 11, 2010 8:01 am

Yeah come to Southern California you would be amazed to see houses, apartments, and a hospital in the same block.

Don't know about names though.
Back to top Go down
MajoNeko
Famous Battler
MajoNeko

PostSubject: Re: Changes in Home section and other...   Changes in Home section and other... I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 11, 2010 3:42 pm

But remember that it's all supposed to be in Japan XD

... hmm, if no one will have any idea, I guess I'll copy names form real Japaneses cities.
Back to top Go down
Tsukiyoko
Decent Semi-Final Battler
Tsukiyoko

PostSubject: Re: Changes in Home section and other...   Changes in Home section and other... I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 15, 2010 6:48 am

Maybe someone could gather a bunch of Japanese names and make a big list. Then we could vote for which ones we liked off of that list.

Would that be all right to try?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Changes in Home section and other...   Changes in Home section and other... I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Changes in Home section and other...
Page 1 of 1