Chou RPG Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Chou RPG Forum

Loveless based Role-Playing-Game

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

RPG Tips

Go down 
AuthorMessage
MajoNeko
Famous Battler
MajoNeko

RPG Tips Empty
PostSubject: RPG Tips   RPG Tips I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 03, 2009 11:50 am

Here are some tips, how to properly RP, and don't get scolded by Admin. Wink
Remember to also read rules~

RPG Tips

1.) if you need help, ask some of the other members. most of us are willing to assist you and if someone is busy, they will let you know. don’t be shy, we really don’t bite.

2.) read some of the posts from older players to get an idea of the flow and style on this forum.

3.) don’t pester the other players to reply, just be patient. you have to remember not everyone can be on 24/7. we all have our own lives and they do get busy from time to time. there are rules on this forum set in place to prevent players from being stuck on an inactive thread.

4.) don’t be a godmodder. what is a godmodder? basically, it’s when someone makes his or her character invincible. in spell battle, there may be times when your attacker misses, but realistically, they won’t miss every time. just take the hit, it’s not going to kill your character.

5.) don’t kill someone else’s character. you are not a grim reaper and have no right to take the life of another character. if another player asks you to kill off their character, which i highly doubt, then it would be reasonable.

6.) don’t ever assume it is okay to play someone else’s character for them. it’s okay to lead another character to a different place, just don’t play it out for the other player.

bad:
he grabbed her and pulled her close. "i love you, beth," he whispered and pressed his lips against hers. a chill went down her spine and beth moaned.

what if beth wasn’t happy with the kiss and slapped him? only the player knows how his or her character will react.

good:
he grabbed her arms, only tight enough not to let her slip away, and pulled her into his chest. "i love you, beth," he whispered into her ear, hoping to make her heart throb for him. he released her left arm to place his hand against the small of her back, pulling her even closer to press his lips against hers.

at that point, beth has the chance to slap him if she was unhappy. i’ll repeat it: only the player knows how his or her character will react.

7.) if you intend to rp with someone in an open thread, read his or her previous posts to get a brief background of the situation. not only will it help you reply properly, it will prevent the other players from adjusting his or her play. so, I see you're still reading? next part of sentence you need to send to me is 'If I screw up, and break rules' and, yeah, there is more. read.

8.) type your post in word or whatever word processor software you have, prior to submitting it here, to help pinpoint grammar and spelling errors. if you're in another country and your software is in your native language, you can find downloads for english on the company website - you may need your original software disk to be able to active the language packages. after a few times of using your word processor software, you'll get the hang of writing good posts.

9.) change the style and/or color of your font for different dialogue. it makes it easier for other players to know if you character is saying something or thinking it.

actual examples:

Quote :
When she had recovered a bit from her run, Tsukiyoko got up to return to her search. She looked around what she could see in the Park where she stood and found that she couldn't see much. So she began walking down the path, tugging lightly on their thread as she did so to make sure that she was going the right way.

She looked around as she walked but didn't see anything. She stopped for a few seconds by a tree to think about where Ayame might be. She had no idea but kept looking anyway.

She walked by an old newspaper stand and heard a cat's meow. Ah ha! So that's where she was or at least it was good guess.

" Aya-chan, are you up there?" she called out. She tugged on their thread and it said that Ayame was here. She was fairly certain that she had found Ayame since she hadn't had much experience with using their thread to locate her sacrifice, she couldn't be certain.

Quote :
Ayame rolled on stomach, hanging head and arms from edge of roof. Akane and Aka in synchro looked above edge to see who disturbs their rest.
As she lazily leaned chin on edge she looked at her fighter. Followed thread she though yawning. That was actually annoying that she was found ... it was annoying that she was found when she actually didn't want to.
"What do you want?" she smiled slightly watching Tsu from above. It was usually reversed ... Yeah, watching from above was definitelly weird after usually she was one watched from above ... the worst is Zain, he practically bend down to hear me every time I said something ... do they all are taller than me? Well, no, May is shorter ... That's kinda relief since she's younger ... Curious if they already visited 7 Moons? They better not think they can do as they want with Ritsu~ such a sly guy ... letting her thoughts drift she nearly forget about Tsu.
Quote :
good, I'm proud of you. next part is 'you can tie me up and lock in closet' - still not ended so keep reading.

Quote :
Ken went to her and hugged her. "You know sometimes it is best to just let your thoughts out in the open. It would help you make your mind at ease. How about we talk about your beauty." Ken mentions as Drake sends him a text on the company phone which is on the nightstand on his side. Ken looks at it and sets it back down. Now other units were coming into the area if a fight was to breakout then he would have no choice but to call Zain and Arin. Ken sets the phone back down and goes back to hugging Nori as if to tell her everything is alright.

Quote :
nori’s arms didn’t return the embrace, she wasn’t brave enough for that, but it she didn’t push him away either. touching, hugs, lovey-dovey crap; it all made her cringe and there was a good reason. she had one too many experiences with persons of the opposite sex and none of it pleasant. they were the things from horror movies, things that made society look down on one; she must have been the luckiest person in the world to have kept her ears for this long, yet those were the reasons why she still kept them. intimacy was frightening, but today must have been special because ken’s arms barely made her tail twitch, which was very fascinating. maybe softening isn’t such a bad thing.

head tipped back as a bit of laughter slipped out with her words, "my mind is never at ease and talking about it leaves a bitter taste in my mouth." ken’s last remark added two shades of pink to her cheeks. her beauty… yes, she was very attractive, thin yet curved, hidden beneath the layers of a black tee and a red, fleece hoodie, black bangs long enough to shield her eyes, the rest of her hair messy with the exception of the strands framing the sides of her face. the best part, she was still innocent, the most tempting part for the predators. she knew full well ken didn't fall into that category, this was his job, making women feel needed, wanted, loved, but that didn’t mean she couldn’t play the same game.

10.) don’t write one-liners. many players tend to get bored because there isn’t enough information. sometimes, it gets confusing because no one knows what’s going on. even if you’re looking for a fast rp, it’s best to add detail.

pretend it's you walking into a building or along a path in a park, what do you see? what do you feel? apply that to your character and tell the other players about it in your post. when you do that, it's easier for them to get an idea of what your character's mood is or what they're doing and makes it easier to react with them.

instead of:
he walked in and looked around. he saw the girl and went to her.

use:
he hesitated before opening the door, unsure if this was the correct place due to the sign written in a foreign language, but the overwhelming sent of curry was wafting in the air, this has to be it. through the window, he could see the small tables and the other customers standing in front of the counter, waiting for their food, including the particular one he was here to meet.

11.) don't play with just your partner. units will run into each other and not necessarily for battle. there are some members that haven't found his or her other half and are looking for some rp. lets not make them feel left out. note: if you're in an open thread and unable to leave it, maybe you could invite them to join you there.

made by nori

Last edited by MajoNeko on Mon Feb 22, 2010 2:17 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
https://chourpg.rpg-board.net
MajoNeko
Famous Battler
MajoNeko

RPG Tips Empty
PostSubject: Re: RPG Tips   RPG Tips I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 15, 2009 3:56 pm

I decided to add it separatelly ... Question taha I recently though about.

"If I leave for vacation, or my accound got deleted, what happens to my character?"

1) If you go for vacation make your character do something that will move him/her out of other characters way ... for example make them go for abroad trip. Or cofine them in hospital in coma ... Whatever you think off is good as long as it won't affect other characters.

2) If your account got deleted, and you had your character, I'll involve him/her in big accident and send to hospital. That way if you decide to create your account once more he/she won't be dead ... but if I delete your account second time, your character wil be killed, and I won't activate you third time.

3) Congratulations! Now off to read 'How to make Character Profile'.
Back to top Go down
https://chourpg.rpg-board.net

RPG Tips
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Chou RPG Forum :: About Forum :: RULES-
Jump to: