Chou RPG Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Chou RPG Forum

Loveless based Role-Playing-Game

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

TRUSTED Fighter: Ravyn DeLevain

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Ravyn
Seven Moons Graduate
Ravyn

TRUSTED Fighter: Ravyn DeLevain Empty
PostSubject: TRUSTED Fighter: Ravyn DeLevain   TRUSTED Fighter: Ravyn DeLevain I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 24, 2010 2:52 pm

Name: Ravyn DeLevain
Nickname: Morrigan (a reference to Celtic mythology)
True Name: Trusted (Fighter)
Partner: Damien Camron (User: Damien)
{The irony is, Damien is the one who let her secret slip...}
Birthday: November 5, 1990
Gender: Androgyn, chromosome XX {Don't ask why I did this. I just...did.}
Occupation: 2nd year university student-attends online classes at an American university / Landlady / Seeking other employment
Appearance: (5'6", healthy body type) Her waist-length hair is black, as are most of her clothes. Her eyes are violet, and she wears glasses. She likes to dress in an androgynous fashion, making no complaint if she's mistaken for a guy. She wears black lipstick to hide the mark written across her lower lip, and she still has her ears.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Personality: Sarcastic, pessimistic, and a bit arrogant, she tends to push people away. She has MAJOR trust issues. She has a completely different attitude toward her few friends, becoming kind, loyal, and witty. She will take your secrets (and her own) to her grave.

Likes: music, dancing, black & purple, computer-related anything
Dislikes: kids, abusive sacrifices, bullies in general, being called "untrustworthy"

Background: American-born, she speaks both English and Latin fluently (but no other languages). She refuses to speak of her past, saying "I'm here now. That's all that matters." She inherited an apartment complex from her great-grandmother Suzume (family name: Kobayashi), which is why she moved to Japan instead of England (where she actually wanted to go).

{{The following is the part of her history she refuses to admit to, beginning with her family history.}}
Spoiler:

After her name appeared, Ravyn began training on her own, learning from her mistakes which spells were effective and why, what made her stronger or weaker in battle, how to defend herself, and everything else she figured she would need to know to be an effective fighter. Unfortunately, though, the fighting style she ended up with clashes with her personality: her spells are manipulative, deceptive and involve betrayal of trust. Because of this, she decided that she, as a person, is different than she is as a fighter. This decision caused her to start using another name during battles. The name she chose came from Celtic mythology: Morrigan, the Raven Goddess, most well-known as a deity of war and death. To her, "defeat" is relative. Her only intent in battle is to test the bond between her opponents.

Other: She is a complete computer freak. She will rarely be seen without her laptop and iPod. She is afraid of finding her Sacrifice, and this affects her fighting (she isn't as weak when fighting alone, and she's weaker when fighting alongside her sacrifice*).

*Since, of course, I can't just give her an edge without taking something away. Here's the explanation of why her fighting strength is so off-kilter. Her name is TRUSTED, which means her spells are tied to the concept of TRUST. Past betrayal will make her unable to fully trust her sacrifice, and thus will weaken her. However, "There is always one person you can trust: yourself." [Where most fighters are at 100% with their sacrifice, she is at 90%. Where they are 50% without their sacrifice, she is at 60%.]

~~~
Fighting Style

Morrigan's fighting style is similar to the fighting style used by the BLOODLESS pair in the manga, in that she never uses spells that will physically harm her opponent, instead dragging them into an illusion created by their own mind (i.e., she doesn't completely control the illusion. She can only steer the mood toward her intent). However there are several differences, not the least of which is that she doesn't target their fears and weaknesses. She simply probes them for information, slowly "earning their trust" through benign questions until she starts asking after their secrets, both good and bad. Just as with BLOODLESS, only the target of her spells has the power to break the illusion. To do so, they must remember that they trust their fighter/sacrifice more than they trust the illusion that Morrigan uses to get them to reveal things they would not usually talk about. Also, her five years of training have given her the insight she needs to be able to keep anyone but herself and her target from seeing the illusion. (She does this because she can't bring herself to trick someone into revealing their secrets against their will, but she hasn't found out how to keep from seeing it herself.)

The spells themselves are often not recognized until (and unless) they begin to take effect, mostly because Morrigan's tone remains purely conversational, with the intent behind her words being the only thing that makes something she says a spell. (Since she laces the word "Trust" into her sentences whenever it fits, but only half the time does she mean it as a spell, I will change the style of the writing to show where her spells are.)

When her illusion is broken, Morrigan will ask one final question:
Do you trust me? The answer to this question does NOT matter. The effect is always the same: a restraint will appear over her mouth, making her unable to use any more spells.

Once she is "defeated" and the battle is over, Morrigan will say one last spell:
"My lips are sealed." This spell only affects herself, and serves a triple purpose. First, it is a sign of respect for her opponent that she will show to even someone she absolutely hates. Second, it is a peace offering, since she will not want to battle them again. Third, it makes her completely unable to reveal the secrets she has learned.

(If you'll notice, I've told you exactly how easy it is to win a battle against her. She has never, according to traditional thought, won a single battle. This is something that doesn't bother her at all, since her aim is never to defeat her opponent.)

~~~
RP Style for this player:

"Morrigan's words."
Thoughts
"Quoted from another character"
"Spells"

Last edited by Ravyn on Fri Apr 23, 2010 2:19 pm; edited 16 times in total
Back to top Go down
http://rhianai.deviantart.com
MajoNeko
Famous Battler
MajoNeko

TRUSTED Fighter: Ravyn DeLevain Empty
PostSubject: Re: TRUSTED Fighter: Ravyn DeLevain   TRUSTED Fighter: Ravyn DeLevain I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 24, 2010 4:47 pm

ACCEPTED

If you want to get to know Ravyn better, go there: Trusted Fighter
Back to top Go down
https://chourpg.rpg-board.net

TRUSTED Fighter: Ravyn DeLevain
Page 1 of 1