Chou RPG Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Chou RPG Forum

Loveless based Role-Playing-Game

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

RULES for RPG

Go down 
AuthorMessage
MajoNeko
Famous Battler
MajoNeko

RULES for RPG Empty
PostSubject: RULES for RPG   RULES for RPG I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 29, 2009 3:07 pm

RPG Rules

~~ First of all create your Character Profile.

~~ Character Profile sheet you can find in "Character Profile" in thread "How to".

~~ You can't start RP if your Profile wasn't approved. If that happens, you will need to correct it - as long as Admin or Mod say it's okay.

~~ Your character is approved when I post under character sheet post with link to topic in "get to know" Section. Also, your username color will change from white to red or blue.

~~ Reading carefully? In PM to me write 'Here is cookie for Admin and Mods' - rest of sentence is somewhere else, maybe here maybe in other rules.

~~ There is section called "Stories". If you want to show some events from your character past as longer story, put it in there.

~~ Reaction time is 7 days. If after 7 days people you rp with didn't answer, you can leave without regrets, or ask Admin/Mods to send Michi to help you. If you won't ask for help, we will send Michi on our own, after 30 days of inactivity in rp.

~~ If you don't want thread you're participating in to be closed, but you know you won't be able to answer within 30 days, leave note about it on thread, explaining when you will be back. (Like : "I'm visiting grandmom this month, I'll be back on 25 Dec")

~~ Your character must participate in some rp. You can't leave him/her hanging in nothingness or stuck in inactive rp. If I notice some character didn't show in any rp for more than month, and I won't know what is going on with user, your character will meet Michi.

~~ Posts length

You can't write so called "one liners". One, two sentences isn't enough in RP. The longer you make your posts the better - write about what your character see, feel, think, do.

If you won't do it - first you will get warning through PM. If your posts won't start to be longer within a week, you'll be put to 'training group', (which means you won't be able to participate in normal RP) and need to have training RP - to the moment your teacher said you're okay now.
But if even after training session you still will write one liners, your posts will be deleted, your account deactivated for week, and then you will have next training session. Well, if after that you won't change ...

~~Names of threads.
Be sure to name threads suitably.

a) If you, for example, want to rp only with your partner, in name on thread write [Closed]. That means no one else can join your RP.

b) If you want gather some people and RP with them, write - [Open] in thread name. But remember - if in category you want to start [Open] thread already is open topic, join it, do not create new one! It's easier to join someone than wait for others to join you.

c) If in name of your thread you put [Open all time] or something similar, it means it's topic open for anyone and anytime - like shop, bar, cafe etc. Threads like that stay open even if no one is 'present' there.

d) If you ended RP - all characters including yours had left thread (for example they all were injured and moved to hospital) remember to write in name of thread: [Ended].

e) Still reading? Next part of sentence you need to send to me is 'I'll be good kid' look for next ones.

~~ Participate in ONE RP. Next you can join after you end or leave previous one.
If you're by yourself, for example in Home, until you leave write everything in one post. If you want add new part without leaving, just edit previous post. After you leave and come back, you can post new message. (That was complicated ... to get idea what I'm talking about see threads of other users in Home section.)

~~ Important!
Remember about chronological order of events. If for example you started rp 28.10 and meet XX character, if you meet that character in rp you joined 29.10, you don't have to ask second time about name etc. you two already had meet.

~~ Make sure that if you leave RP everyone know about that. At the end of post write:
[YOURNAME has left CURRENT LOCATION and is heading to NEXT LOCATION]
for example: [Ayame has left Streets and is going to Back Alleys]

~~ Don't get confused, I know mine way of writing gets it more complicated than it's in reality. To not complicate things too much, if you're new, join all-time-open RP first, to get used to things and see how other users write.
Also, if you're still not sure, see RPG Tips.

If you don't get some parts ask me or other members.
Also remember to check it from time to time - I'm experimenting a little with rules to make them easy and nice, but including everything important ...
Remember to check 'RP Tips' and 'How to make Character Profile'!!

Your Admin,
MajoNeko

Last edited by MajoNeko on Mon Sep 06, 2010 3:07 pm; edited 10 times in total
Back to top Go down
https://chourpg.rpg-board.net
MajoNeko
Famous Battler
MajoNeko

RULES for RPG Empty
PostSubject: Important!   RULES for RPG I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 01, 2009 11:02 pm

Since I'm repeating it to almost every new user, I figured writing it here is good idea.

The longer and more descriptive your post is in RP the better. There is always something to though, say, notice, do ... if you write one sentence it's hard for other people you rp with to anserw.
Cause as we all know, to talk we need at least two people.
So, please, don't make me repeat it over and over again.

Short, two sentences posts, are good only when you RP fast (like, both of you're online) but in that case it also won't hurt to write more.

Remember, the more descriptive you're the more realistic RP feel.

-------------------------------------------------

Second thing is style of writing. If you already wrote something or read, you can see that older members created their personal way of marking when their character thinks and when speaks out loud. Some people make thoughts italic and what is said in color. So choose your style, and, what's important, stick with it. If you chose red as color of what your character speaks, stick with that color.
It's important to write thoughts and what's said out loud in different styles. If you don't do that other people might get confused when and don't know if you speak or think ... so make this difference clearly visible.

I hope you all will follow this rules. or else ...

Your Admin,
MajoNeko
Back to top Go down
https://chourpg.rpg-board.net

RULES for RPG
Page 1 of 1